Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My favorite Onion Soup!

I have no idea how this came about, but I've been eating this for years & years. I absolutely love French Onion Soup but it always has beef stock in it, so I make my own soup with an onion soup/dip packet. Just follow the directions on the box (generally 4 cups of water, bring to a boil, add packet, simmer for 5 minutes). I then pour some soup into a heavy duty bowl that can go into the oven (I have these bowls with handles that are super duper heavy duty). Tear up some bread (I sometimes lightly toast it so that it doesn't immediately soak up all the soup) to put on top & then put some shredded mozzarella on top. I know mozarella isn't the type of cheese generally used, but that's what I've always done. Set in oven & turn on broiler- let cheese get bubbly & brown. Mmmmmmmm......
I'm currently sick & have had 2 bowls of this already today. And may have more!

No comments:

Post a Comment